Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help. I have an 02 Polaris 600 XC and am trying to find the correct wire to connect my heated shield wire to. The only wire I found that pulls 12 volts kills the engine when I connect the shield cable. Any help you can provide is appreciated. Angie

·
Registered
323 Posts
I've got an 03 600xcsp. Are you testing the wires right behind the airbox? I couldn't find any to work there either. The wires I used are down by where your left foot goes, behind the secondary clutch. I'm not possitive but I think the poss wire is yellow.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a heated shield on my 03 xcsp. There is a wire with a 2 pin connector 12v DC tucked in between the dash and the belt cover somewhere. I can't remember exactically where it was, but it's right there in that area. I believe it comes up from the bottom.

OK you gave me an excuse to go out and see how the sled is doing..........................

The connector in the pic is not the original, I couldn't find a mate to it. The yellow wire circled is the power wire that the connector is hooked to. This wire is also on a friends 02 Pro X 700. Should be there on yours too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heated shield wiring

Thanks for all your help. The dealer told me to use the yellow wire as well, but I still couldn't get 12v on my meter. I must have done something wrong...I'll go back and take a second look.
Angie

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To Squid

Just wondering, is your heated shield wire spliced into the yellow wire that leads to the square box or is it plugged into the junction (rubber plug receptable), just below the box?

·
Registered
20 Posts
The yellow wire had a 2 pin plug on it stock, I couldn't find a mate to it to put on the end of the shield cable, so I cut off the stock Plug and got a set up from Radio Shack. To make a long reply short, it is pluged in directly to the yellow wire. I'll see Iif I can get a better pic later today if the wind dies down, right now it would rip the cowl right off.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Went out to get you a better pic, but the batts were dead in the digi cam...........let me know if you still need the pics....

·
Registered
194 Posts
ayoung, put your meter on ac , if you don't have electric start the voltage should be around 13 volts ac. The visors work with ac or dc.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Remember, you will only get full voltage at about 3k rpm's because sleds don't need a govener to run an ignition system. I'm pretty sure that you can run right off the headlight line???

·
Registered
15 Posts
technally any positive and ground will work the exception of the wire on the air box. the best way is to the yellow wire on the relay. another hint is that the handle bar cover comes off easy and makes a nice place to hide the wire.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts