Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to sleding and just bought a 1998 580 ext efi (batteryless) and a 2000 zr 600.
Just ran them both today and the 580 starts fine/idles fine but when you get on it - it bogs and then it will grab and go like the wind then she'll bog out again- same thing over and over. it almost seems like a little guy under the hood pulls the plug wires off then put them back on????

My zr600 wont idle down unless I pull out the choke for a couple seconds then she slows down and sits fine.
Also alot of spitting and sputtering when flat out going across a field. she wont accelerate smoothly - it really flys when it isnt sputtering.

The carbs were just cleaned on the zr600 and new plugs before I ran here, also new gas- there are 2300 miles on it

The 580 also has new gas/plugs, I was told they replaced the efi brain? (or something for $600) last year. It has 2700 miles on it

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The 1998 580 efi actually was a faulty kill switch, I had read about alot of people on here having the same problem, so i disconnected it and she runs awesome.

On that note - what is the purpose of the kill switch, when all i have to do is turn the key off? and is it ok to run like this or do i need to replace the kill switch asap

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts