Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
polaris xc600

Can't get the sled started. I pulled probably 50 times and no luck. The last time it ran last winter I had it running then closed the fuel line then it eventually quit running. Do I need to just pull quite a bit to get gas into the carbs? Where would I spray starting fluid into? Your help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
keep pumping it. check for air leaks around where the carb meets the motor (that can prevent suction).. u can use staring fluid but it might not run that good or run wide open, you put it in the intake or even the carb.. you should change the fuel lines (get clear so you can see the fuel running in) and clean the carbs (if you haven't and if you didn't run it dry last season)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Fill your tank with fresh gas, pull the plugs and dump a few drops of fresh gas in cylinders and pull it over. This will get your carbs filled quicker by the fuel pump when it fires and runs for a few seconds.

·
Registered
24,890 Posts
Start by cleaning your carbs! Then replace the fuel lines possibly. Next clean the pump. Empty the gas out of the tank (put in your car or something) Fill with Premium. With everything done, then blow into the gas tank and watch the fuel flow into the carbs. Now choke it and pull a few.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts