Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 94 470 .

just rebuilt with spi pistons.
got it snyced and the shop had my air jet set at 4 on one side and 1 on the other !! they also had the needles set on the 1st spot . it run like crap and the motor frooze from gas i bought at the gas station . i maybe ran it 5 mins . drained all the fuel and got motor running . moved the needle to spot 2 and it ran better . it would kinda run but when you get on it you could feel no power and when you let off it ,itstalls. my cuz set the pilot to 1 then 1 1/2 then none but no difference.

bought new fuel pump and got carbs cleaned . running new 93 octaine.

also the compression is 120 each side it was 110 one side and 130 the other at the shop i took it to but mine compression tester says 120 .

the gas that was in it was the more junkest gas ive smelled. and it was fresh from the pump ..

my freind just frooze his with gas from another place so i know bad gas it going around.
when you pull it over you can tell it really wants to start and when you prime it no luck. heated the plugs with no luck also.

also crank seals are good and new ! were to start . im going to replace plugs tomarrow and try again . need some imput as this is my wifes sled and shes mad i go riding on my 05 rev ren ! just want her to shut up and ride with me .lol.... will not take it back to any shop as i feel i got shafted . it ran better before it went to the shop .

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes crank and seals were done. just marched it back today and raised hell... there tearing it down tomarrow due to the facr one side has only 80 psi.

o did you know shops synce carbs and give you a tune up when they no one side is down is psi!

they told me it seams its been over honed. now im wondering it its been bored out then i put stock pistons back in one side...

when they take it apart can i just run a oversized on that one side ! need my wife riding without chasing finding a stock good bore cylinder

1 - 3 of 3 Posts