Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· ARCTIC CAT
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 144 Polaris skid for a project of mine. Guy I bought it from was pretty sure it was out of an edge rmk but wasn't sure. The more I research the more I'm confused.
Does anybody know exactly what skid this is and what it would have originally came out of?
As it sits the front to rear ctc mounts are 25" apart..
Also does anyone know the mounting measurements for this skid as it won't be going in a Polaris sled.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Bicycle Wheel Land vehicle Bicycle wheel

· Registered
3,706 Posts
The torque arms don't look right to me for it to be from an Edge setup. More like a Xtra-10 to me from the pictures I see on the net of other Edge setups. Dan would probably know best on this as it has been forever since I have worked on an Edge setup.

· ARCTIC CAT
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The torque arms don't look right to me for it to be from an Edge setup. More like a Xtra-10 to me from the pictures I see on the net of other Edge setups. Dan would probably know best on this as it has been forever since I have worked on an Edge setup.
Did they make an xtra-10 in a 144? Could it be an xtra-lite? The rails are definitely 144 rails

· ARCTIC CAT
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bump...
Anyone know what I got here. They are indeed 144 inch "tipped-up" rails but the front torque arm doesn't match anything I've looked up that came on 144 rmk's. Would really like to know what I have before I start buying parts for this skid and would like to know mounting dimensions to install in a different chassis.
Whatever it is, I know it's better than what I got in my sled right now. Just want a proper ID on it.
Hoping one of you early 2000s Polaris experts can help me out on this.
Thanks,
Dave

· ARCTIC CAT
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So through all the research and pictures I could find online, the only thing I can come up with is someone put xtra-10 suspension on edge or xtra-lite 144 rails. It is bolted together like it belongs together....idk
After I straightened the rear shock rods, the skid as it sits, measures 25 1/4" ctc from front torque arm to rear torque arm. Anyone know where I should drill my holes in the tunnel this thing is going under?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts