Snowmobile Forum banner

Need Help Identifying a Polaris Snowmobile

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  BC_Dan 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I have a snowmobile with the model number 0940243 and serial number 2224689. Polaris's website says it's a 1994 SPORT TRG. However, when I try to search for this model online to get parts I can't find anything that goes by this name. Does it actually go by a different name? Also, is the track 121 or 133?

Really appreciate any help on this.

Thanks!

#2 · (Edited)
okay, take that back. Not sure what the TRG is for, but the service manual says that is a 1994 Sport SKS
Font Material property Pattern Number Parallel

#3 ·
Hey BearArk, thanks for this great info! Without any identifiers next to the rows it's a little tough for me to parse out what it's telling me though. Does the section that says 121/307.3 133.5/339.1 SKS indicate track length and weight for two different models? My sled is a 2-up, so I'm guessing it has the 133.5" track, but would love to hear your thoughts!

#5 ·
Your model number indicates it is the SKS and the SKS has the 133.5" track.

SKS = Snow King Special. Longer track with bigger lugs.

#6 ·
Just changed my post to include the sidebar

#7 ·
That's awesome, thank you so much for your help! I love to wrench, but nothing is worse than realizing you have the wrong parts halfway through a job.

As a side question, the 15x133.5 seems to be an increasingly rare size and the 8" skid is just so-so. Would you recommend that I try to do the 136" Xtra-10 skid swap for a better ride and easier to find tracks? Or should I just leave as is?

Mods don't scare me too much, but if anyone has the measurements for the new hole locations I'd be super grateful! Seems that jbshocks.com (which must have been a great resource) is no longer a thing.

#8 ·
The xtra-10 skid is a more robust and durable skid with better travel. If you have one available for the 136" and want to change out the track, I would really consider it. I've never heard of anyone complaining about making a swap from an older suspension or even from the xtra-12 to the xtra-10. There are a lot of resources online for that mod, as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.