Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 Mxz440 fan. It has been sitting for about 1.5 years. The reason it was sitting was the pipe gotted bent from an accident. I got a pipe from a 1997 mxz440 liquid cooled. Sit almost perfecty, but a little exhaust escaping at the top and a little louder. Anyways, I drained all the gas and put fresh stuff in. Here is the problem. It starts up and idles fine. However when I take off it bogs out and dies until I put the choke on. The it takes off and rips, runs great and has lots of power. When I let off the gas it just bogs out again and I have to flip the choke off, it gets going, but wont run without the choke on again. It will idle without it though and I need to keep flipping it on and off? Any ideas, other than that the sled still goes great, it will idle fine without dying with choke on or off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I posted it under Skidoo first, but thought I would get more responses if I put it under general. I was thinking that people with different sleds mave have run into the same issue before.

·
Registered
20 Posts
you may want to check your jetting, factory settings usually are 1 or maybe 2 sizes too rich. not sure about the X pipe on the fan (if you will lose power or not since the LC motor has a lot more power.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Make sure that's jetted right. You can get the jetting specs from the pipe manufacturer. Should have it checked by a mechanic. Sounds like carburation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts