Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never took apart the the Mikuni carbs on my sled. Any good books/info out there on these carbs ? Will I need to get a rebuild kit like a Holley carb ?
I ask as I suspect that they are dirty after reading other threads. I ran on trails last night usually around 4500-5500RPM opening it up to 6000-6500 (it really goes then). After about a hour ridding it strated bogging down and the idle went from 2400RPM to 1200RPM had to keep feathering it to keep it running. Rev it up to 6000RPM and the power was not there. Took it home started right up but still idle around 1200RPM which is not good. loss power also. Any help would be great
Thanks in advance.....

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Check the plugs. Are black/oily or tan and dry? If it's oily, that's probably the carb giving you trouble. Sounds like a jet or orifice is plugged. You don't nned to buy a kit for them unless they are really bad. Just clean 'em and put them back together.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I also have a carb question. I took the carbs apart on my blizzard and the little needle under the float bowl is stuck on one of the carbs. It dosnt want to move much at all.How do I get it unstuck?
And what comes in a carb rebuild kit?

·
Registered
29 Posts
tmaxx said:
I also have a carb question. I took the carbs apart on my blizzard and the little needle under the float bowl is stuck on one of the carbs. It dosnt want to move much at all.How do I get it unstuck?
And what comes in a carb rebuild kit?

If it has the black tip, replace it...for a few bucks and no more headaches. Neoprene wears down and will create leaks/flooding of the bowl. If it's sticking you've found a prob that's easy to fix. I've cleaned them up after poor seasonal maintenance varnished them closed and you couldnt get a drop of gas to wet the bottom of the bowl....and it's still working ok.

Replace it.

Ryp

1 - 4 of 4 Posts