Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
95' Polaris Storm 800
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, i have a 1995 Polaris Storm 800 triple and I have been riding it for a couple weeks this season already without any problems and put 150 miles on it so far. I was riding it today and I didnt have a problem, then I put gas and oil in it, drove it out to my back yard and parked it for about an hour. I just went out to start it to go riding again and choked it and It revved right up to 4000 and stayed there, so I unchoked it and it died. Tried starting it again without the choke and it wouldn't start. Anyone know whats going on?

·
Sled Of The Month Judge
2,841 Posts
Check the compression, also pull the carbs and clean them, sounds like it is lean from a plugged jet. if you don't clean them, you can melt the piston.

·
95' Polaris Storm 800
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for all the responses... I checked the compression and they are all fine. I have all 3 carbs apart and am cleaning them thoroughly. I checked the carb boots and they are fine too. I only have like 10 inches of snow and the snow is cold and really powdery.

·
95' Polaris Storm 800
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey, I finished cleaning the carbs and went to put them on and found that the buffer bottle(think thats what its called) was hanging off on 2 cylinders, which was more than likely the problem. Got everything back together and it runs and drives fine now.

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
cool have fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts