Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So sled was running great then the throttle cable broke so we changed that and cleaned the carbs and then changed the fuel pump now it starts but you have to put the throttle all the way for it to move any ideas what would cause this im clueless (I totally new to working on my own sled but trying to figure things out lol)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Do you think one of the throttle cables came unhooked.? I had that issue this winter. It started fine but had no power running on 2 carbs. If not , do you think it is flooding?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think one of the throttle cables came unhooked.? I had that issue this winter. It started fine but had no power running on 2 carbs. If not , do you think it is flooding?
I believe their hocked but I will definitely double check ! And I don’t think it’s flooding but how do I know forsure ?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I don't know how to check the slide movement unless yo remove the air box. YOu could check each slide to see if they are all hooked. If it was flooding and not moving it would be smoking and blubbering.

·
Registered
26,045 Posts
When you changed the cable, did you get it in the throttle block correct
Did you syc the carbs
You can syc carbs with them out of engine

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When you changed the cable, did you get it in the throttle block correct
Did you syc the carbs
You can syc carbs with them out of engine
I will double check the throttle cable I’m not sure if it was done right or not my fiancé and his buddy are the ones who changed it

·
Super Moderator
18,297 Posts
You should be able to pop the top of the airbox off and feel the slides moving in the carbs as you depress the throttle lever. They should all move equally and they should clear the intake opening when at full throttle.

I'm guessing one of the cables got unhooked, too. I had a 650 that did that, it would hardly move out of it's own way.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
If it has a riser on it, chances are it has an extension cable too. That has an adjuster on it as well.

But sync'ing the carbs is something that you should always do when changing cables. Airbox off (or open) and reach in and feel if the slides are both moving.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts