Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a 2005 ski doo mxz 600 but it has 4200 miles on it! Is that too many miles for the sled? And would that later on poosibly lead to replacing the crank and the bottom end to oppose to say if it had less than 3000 miles on it? He did put new pistons and ring and such on it 1500 miles ago!

Thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So would that be too many miles or would I be safe with buying it?

·
Registered
996 Posts
110+ More importantly make sure the cylinders are within 5% of eachother.
Not that many miles for the engine if its been taken care of, they run forever.

·
Jay C
207 Posts
I have an 03 MXZ 600 HO...bought it from the original owner who is my neighbour and friend...he was meticulous with the sled. He cleaned the carbs and power valves every year, Krowned it before storage etc. When I bought it it had 3500 miles. I now have 5500 miles on it and have not done a rebuild and it runs BEAUTIFUL! The local dealer suggested that I switch from the BRP mineral oil to the synthetic blend due to high mileage so i did. I will rebuild it after this season but for now, it runs like a new sled so why fix what aint broken? Buy it...you will love it

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To check the compression on the cylinders if you have a compression tester would you keep one cylinder covered while testing the other or would you just keep them both open?

·
Registered
12 Posts
i have an 05 rev and i have 4k on the orginal motor and i have no plans on doin a top end any time soon, i talked to a few sled rental places and they were gettin up to if not more than 8k on a top end. just run the oem ski doo oil

·
twins rule!
370 Posts
All 2 strokes, just like life are a crapshoot. I have one that just broke 9000 mi. I had one that took out 4 pistons in 1500 mi. so tell me do you feel LUCKY???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts