Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I’m looking into buying a 2011 assault. Was just wondering everyone thoughts of this machine..? I was told it stops pulling around 300- 350 feet. Anysuggestions on a set up for this machine weaights clutch’s springs? This sled is all stock except a jaws can

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Known to have piston issues for all those years until the new 800 that recently came out. There are makers out there all over the place making fix it kits for them. This is one such kit.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
The only know issue that caused it to melt down was do to the oil lines rubbing raw and caused the line to form a hole witch in turn starving the motor for oil.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Ask Dan about the issues those 800s had, he knows. They have piston issues. Also not too mention the few people I know with 800s from I would say around 2010 to 2014/15 all had piston issues and these are guys that are life long snowmobilers who worked as mechanics in their day jobs they know and do preventative maintenance. There has always been talk of those having piston issues even the local dealers by me have said they have done just about every 800 they have sold at one point or another for it with an aftermarket fix it kit. Just like the Ski-Doos in some ways with their 800.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Polaris 2009-10 Cleanfire 800 engines had some durability issues, but Code said that anything this side of 2011 proved to be more dependable. At about 3,000 miles an owner should pull the top end apart and check the pistons and cylinders for scoring. (Copy and paste) even when I had my 2012 F800 Cat in the shop do to clutch issue, a guy had his same sled in there cuz it melted down lucky under warranty still... And I've never ran it to that problem... Gotta take it for what it's worth. I as well know and rode with people who have 800 assault's and love them without issue..

·
Super Moderator
17,313 Posts
The 08 to 10 were bad. 11-14 progressively got better with time. I ride with a lot of folks with 14-16 Pros that have had no problems. By the time the Axys 800 arrived, most all of the gremlins were purged. But any engine can fail, you pays your money and you takes your chances...

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Sledcluff- go look at it ride it if possible, and see if you can get some history on it if any from whoever you are buying it from. If it feels right then bring it home with you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sledcluff- go look at it ride it if possible, and see if you can get some history on it if any from whoever you are buying it from. If it feels right then bring it home with you.
What he said....I've got a 12 Pro RMK 800 that I traded for and the previous owner rebuilt the motor...I had to have a GOOD dealer sort out some TPS and ECU reflash issues but no worries now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts