Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got into the snowmobile thing this year i bought a 1995 Ski-Doo formula SL the other night i was riding i got cought up on something on my ski and there was something bent on the bottom of it. i don't know alot bout these so once i got it free i rode it home and checked the bottom of the ski the carbide was totally busted off all but on part bolted on the rear part of the ski and the carbide was just mangled bent like a frigin hook basically. the skin is only attached to the front bolted on it ripped the middle of my ski right off where the carbide bolts go through. do i need a whole new ski and if so do i need to buy both so they match or can i just buy one

·
Registered
46 Posts
ouch, hope you werent going too fast and got tossed.....

but to answer your question, you should only have to replace the 1 ski.

those are metal skis on that yet right?? or are they composite?

·
Registered
46 Posts
i personally like the Woddy's carbides, but from what i hear Roetins are good quality and they are cheaper too. if your studded, atleast 6", otherwise, a 4" carbide should work wonderfully for you

Not sure on where your from, but check out www.centralsnowmobile.com and see if they have a ski for you. its a snowmobile salvage yard located in Green Bay, WI.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts