Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all i hope some one can help me with a few questions that i have on a 300 enticer deluxe that i just picked up. first i would like to know if any one can help me find out what year it is the vin # is 8k0-012301. next question is when i want to start it i have to put my hand over the air box hole even when i have the starter/choke cable pulled out. once it gets going it runs great just wish it started better. i cleaned the carbs twice now. hope some one on here can help.

·
Registered
315 Posts
start with brand new sparks plugs , it sounds like your not set properly on the carbs
if you have to put your hand over the air box to start it , have you pulled the plugs to
see what color they are? that tells a lot of what is goin on with a engine .

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
your enticer is a 1980. chances are the choke plunger is stuck or the cable is not activating it. in effect, by placing your hand over the air intake your hand is acting like a choke, blocking air and increasing fuel.

find where the cable enters the carb. there is a brass fitting that will either use a 12 or 14mm end wrench. loosen it and see if the plunger come out.

watch out. the plunger is attached to the cable with a cut away slot and there is a spring inbetween. i have had incidences where they have taken flight if removed too quickly or not supported by the hand.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have had the plugs out a few times and they look clean(black but clean) and have great spark. as for the carb i'm not to shure were to start cus there is only 1 jet and it is on the top. it's a mikuni carb with a butterfly and this is the first one i have ever seen. i tried starting at 1 and a half turns and have turned it out about another half turn and no change. starting at 1 and a half again turned it in about a half turn and still no change. when it's running it seams to idle best at 1 and a half turns so i'm lost right now

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yamadad i was hoping u would help. when i first got it a few days ago i tried to start it and broke the choke cable. it was stuck but after 20 min or so of diggin crap out i got it free so it is moving but i didn't have a long enough replacement cable so using the old hardware i rigged something up could it be its just not opening far enough????

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
that could be. was the plunger stuck or the cable? depending on how you "presidentially engineered" the temporary fix, if you have a cable attatched, try pulling it a bit harder or further with some pliers or vise grip while someone pulls the rope.

if the plunger was stuck, you could have blockage in the passage the plunger opens and closes causing it to act like you not activating the choke at all. yes, theres a hole under that plunger that leads through a tube that goes into the float bowl.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i will try pulling on the wire a little more tomorrow. i cleaned the hole carb the other day cleaning every port with a thin peace of wire and blowing compressed air through it. they all seam clear now. any thoughts on the jet settings???

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
havent played with one for awhile. still have the 83 model that never gets ridden. sometimes with all the sleds i see i get confused as to which one has what. does your carb have the 2 airscrew type adjustments on the exterior, one on top and one on the side or just the one on top? either way 1 1/4 turns out would be a good starting point, if thats what you meant by setting the jets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.