Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was lookin at my carbs on my 600 and i noticed 2 little pieces of rubber sticking up coming out after the carbs and there wasnt a boost bottle on there before and i was wondering before winter starts if those hole are pluged or not and if i need to get a boost bottle before winter starts.

·
Registered
711 Posts
nope, those boots are plugged unless you cut/drill them out if you decide to install a boost bottle. Just the way it comes. However installing a bottle may be a good idea just cause but if not, you are good to go

dano

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks dano and have u got the new switchback yet

·
Registered
711 Posts
Yeah Baby, I picked it up on Sat. Now it is on a trailer covered twice waiting for a few mods and snow. Hey man thanks for remembering. SO you got an XC then? I still think a boost blottle and a little jetting work are worth it. If you look down those holes with a flashlight you can see where it is plugged on your sled. You have to take that rubber boot off the back side of the carb and drill it out so rubber doesnt get in your engine but those steps along with jetting cleans it up and just makes it more crisp. Worth the $35 if ya ask me, i got one on the rmk and plan on one on the Switchback after break in.:)

dano
99' RMK 700
04' Switchback 800

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when i got this sled i took it across the grass and alls i gotta say is holy s**t its clutched all ready and i was thinkin about the boost bottle but i didnt really wanna have to screw with all that taken apart and screwing with it and i will also have to bring it to someone for jetting cause i dont have any clue on how to mess with a carb and i dont wanna screw anything up and make it run worse than it does

but thanks

mike

·
Administrator
18,404 Posts
If your 600 has Keihin carbs, you will benefit from installation of a boost bottle. Mikuni's, especially the rack carbs, don't benefit as much.

The following was taken from PowerMadd's web site, it may help you a little.

PRODUCT: Equalizer

Will I have to change the jetting after installation of the Equalizer (Boost Bottle)?

In most cases you will not have to change the jetting, but the instructions provided give you a guideline to follow if changes to the jets are needed. The main purpose of the Equalizer is to balance the air/fuel mixture at low RPMs between the carburetors, because many Polaris snowmobiles come stock with a rich fuel condition at low RPMs and installing the Equalizer would cure this problem and boost performance.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the help guys i am not sure what kind of carbs they are alls i know is that they are flat slide if that helps at all i havnt looked close enough at them to tell ya next time i go to see the sled i will look at the carbs but thanks guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts