Snowmobile Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Stuff from the old gas getting in the carb it happens. Wait there is barely any coolant in it? Hopefully you don't have a leak anywhere so check out all hoses, water pump and what not. Green 60/40 is what Polaris uses OEM so buy a gallon of straight green and mix it 60/40. Also you will need to "burp" the system to get all the air out of it. To do that you jack the front end up as high as you can get it or put it on a hill so engine is much higher then the rear radiators. Then you take the pressure cap off and start it and let it run at idle for 15-20 minutes and very slowly the air will come out while you check the overflow bottle and what not.

Yes always keep spare spark plugs and spark plug cap ends as well. I run NGK Iridiums in mine as they last a lot longer then standard NGK plugs. Drain it with w/e pump you have, I use a amazon pump that was like 5 bucks that pulls it out with no issues.
Okay! And no the cap wasn't on tight enough. But what and where are the pressure caps? I'll clean the carbs and the VES thing again and see what happens from there and get new plugs.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Ves Valves should be okay if you cleaned them once. I would just double check them is all. Radiator Pressure cap should be somewhere on the engine and look just like a pressure cap from a vehicle.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Ves Valves should be okay if you cleaned them once. I would just double check them is all. Radiator Pressure cap should be somewhere on the engine and look just like a pressure cap from a vehicle.
I looked one up I have not seen one on it.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Yeah there is one on there someplace. Should be on top of a round cylinder bottle on the side of the engine.

Yep that yellow cap is the pressure cap.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Also pick up a spare belt or put the new belt on and take the old one off and put it on top of the clutch cover in those slots you see. Never go out without a spare belt.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Also pick up a spare belt or put the new belt on and take the old one off and put it on top of the clutch cover in those slots you see. Never go out without a spare belt.
Okay! The pull cord seems like it doesn’t wanna go back down all the way. Can i get like a reverse kit ? I don’t have it or a e start ?
Car Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Gas Auto part

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
You would have to change a lot of stuff to add those. Tbh not all that worth it. Pull cords don't always go back down in all the way. As long as the handle is where it should be then you are fine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
You would have to change a lot of stuff to add those. Tbh not all that worth it. Pull cords don't always go back down in all the way. As long as the handle is where it should be then you are fine.
Okay thank you! I will get right on all of those things.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts