Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2003 Polaris XC500 SP, I got it 2 weeks ago, I started it to move it in the yard but when i ran up to 4K RPM’s it died, Can anyone help ? It doesn’t wanna start now? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Turn on the fuel?

·
Registered
10 Posts
How do u fix that ?
if its not fuel injected you can look at the carbs and see two screws the big one for the idle and the small one for the air fuel mix. So find the factory preset for the air fuel mix in the owners manual or online if you don't have it and check if your getting any fuel down the lines.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if its not fuel injected you can look at the carbs and see two screws the big one for the idle and the small one for the air fuel mix. So find the factory preset for the air fuel mix in the owners manual or online if you don't have it and check if your getting any fuel down the lines.
It is fuel injected, but it started yesterday with no snow today there is snow still didn’t start.

·
Registered
10 Posts
are you getting fuel down the lines?

·
Registered
10 Posts
It is fuel injected, but it started yesterday with no snow today there is snow still didn’t start.
I would check if your lines have water in them
I haven't seen a model like yours but if you can take the fuel injectors out and see if anything comes out when you crank it. That could tell you if the problem is in the fuel or not

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea, there’s no plug to do that. I got a siphon but it didn’t work at all. But people are saying too rich or too lean, And idk how to fix that. I’m really new to this stuff.

·
Registered
10 Posts
for starters I would drain the bad gas
Yea, there’s no plug to do that. I got a siphon but it didn’t work at all. But people are saying too rich or too lean, And idk how to fix that. I’m really new to this stuff.
disconnect the closest fuel line to the fuel injectors and the fuel should flow right out if its lower than the gas tank then crank it a few times to make sure all the fuel is out. then reassemble

·
Administrator
18,889 Posts
I thought that sled used rack style Mikuni carburetors. If so, pull the carbs and clean them, paying particular attention to the pilot jet and pilot jet circuit. It will also have a main jet and a starter jet.

When it dies, do you have spark? What color are the plugs? If the gas is old, replace it. You won't be able to adjust anything with bad gas.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

This is what it came with from factory these are known as rack carbs. Those didn't come with fuel injected at all.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I thought that sled used rack style Mikuni carburetors. If so, pull the carbs and clean them, paying particular attention to the pilot jet and pilot jet circuit. It will also have a main jet and a starter jet.

When it dies, do you have spark? What color are the plugs? If the gas is old, replace it. You won't be able to adjust anything with bad gas.
Hey! I got it going yesterday, Everything was going really good until today. I am trying to burn all that bad gas out, Put gas down cylinder started then died after I Pulled. Pull cord seems really fast when it wants to start. Plugs were dry when I didn't put gas down cylinder, put gas down in and the plugs were wet.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts

Carburetion Brand Mikuni
Fuel Injector No
Carburetor Yes
Number Of Carburetors 2
Carburetor Size (mm) 38
Carburetion Type Carburetor

1 - 20 of 49 Posts