Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend i bought my first sled, a 1996 yamaha v-max 600xt. It has 3300 miles on it and is in mint condition. It also has 96 studs. What do you all think? Is this a good overall sled? what are the pros and cons?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
wow, i have more miles than that on my 01, lol, great buy man.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha, thanks guys. what about performance and handling? i know it wont compare to the new sleds on the market but will it be a good handling sled with plenty of power? thanks

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
yeah, that sled should be fine, nothing like the viper, but you shouldnt have any performance problems with it.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
wow bro you got a deal, thats a nice sled

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
rear suspension looks like it could go for a charge, should be done annually.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
hey maverick, it aint no cat probally doesn't have rebuildables on it, all yami's that vintage sit low.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Some shocks are rechargable. In your case, you may have to buy them for the rear suspension. That sled shoudl be pretty peppy. From the one time i rode one i thought it was just fine. Sure it may not be a 800 twin, but you did get a good deal and yes, the rear suspensions sit lower on that year sled. looks good dude.

dano

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
or it could just be the angle of the shot, never know.:p

·
Registered
6 Posts
great sled, used to have one in the family. Only thing is its a hog on gas. and watch it in the corners. The suspension may just need to be adjusted. but in overall great shape

·
Registered
3 Posts
They are a very dependable sled. I had one when they first came out and never had a problem with it. They ride very well and handle well. I agree that they are gas hogs and you dont wanna get it stuck cause you wont get it out. HEAVY. But the rear suspension looks fine to me, they sit lower. Nice Sled Man.

·
Runnin Against The Wind!
8,036 Posts
They're nice sleds

I have a 94 V Max 500 with only 1800 miles on it. Mine looks and rides brand new still. You'll have fun with your's. Yam-ese are dependable sleds.:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts