Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sconnie
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1979 f150, cab and motor from a 96. Clean as all hel*, beautiful truck! just picked it up last night. Sold the dodge after I finished rebuilding the tranny, there was other stuff going wrong with that truck and i was getting tired of it. Got a real good deal on this truck from a guy who was shipping out to the marines soon, he just wanted it to go to a new home before he left... a real good guy. specs on the truck are in my sig. only needs a few minor things, some interior pieces and a little fixing up on the heater... (it was a cold drive home haha, I could see my breath the whole time). but otherwise a sweet truck!

pics are from right after it was washed, the water makes the paint look a lil funny. only one spot that had any body repair done to it that i could tell, on the left side of the box about halfway up, on the bottom. barely any rust otherwise, just a little surface rust on the bottom of the tailgate!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
looks like a fun truck JKsled! good shape too! Did they convert that 96 engine to a carburetor then?

·
Sconnie
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whoops! i meant 76! cab and engine from a 76. just went driving last night in the middle of the blizzard, we had about ten inches down and didn't even come close to getting stuck. made it through some 3 foot drifts with it too on the road haha

·
---------(PI488)---------
2,742 Posts
Nice truck jk! Sry to get off topic but r u still sellin the rxl?

·
Sconnie
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! and ya trying to. asking 950 for it i just have too much going on and haven't had nearly enough time to sled this year, and when you add in costs for living and college it just isn't worth the investment when i have ridden so little. It's just as much due to time i don't have, I need a machine where i'm not spending hours on it to maintain it. it's a good sled but all older sleds have things go wrong..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts