Chitown Rider
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is so aggravating.

Attachments

·
Trevor
4,135 Posts
Ahhhhh. Once you learn how they work they're pretty simple. Ha.

·
Terrain Dominator
1,918 Posts
That happened to me once..it wasn't a fun experience :laugh:

·
Chitown Rider
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried to get it back together. Im taking it to polaris for reassembly tomorrow. Forget this thing. This is all thats holding it from being ridden. I got the suspension rebuilt. cleaned the carbs changed all the hoses and plugs and cleaned it up all nice. Before the recoil broke it was running amazing. I was so proud of myself.

·
Alex
3,385 Posts
Those recoils are a b**ch!!... but with some practice, you can get pretty good at them. I had to do that on one of my outboards and it took like an hour, then I had to do it on a different one (very similar though) and I had it in in 5 minutes. First try (with a lot of luck).

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
ive had that happen a couple of times it is a royal pita! what sleds that off of

·
Registered
143 Posts
If the little hook on the end broke off use a torch and heat it up for a little while so you can rebend a hook and not have to buy a new spring. I have tried to do it with out heating the end up and the spring just snaps the end off.

·
Sled Of The Month Judge
2,841 Posts
I had to do this on a trimmer. It was thrown across the yard many times with several four letter words fallowing. worse was a couple of times it wiped me in the face with the sharp end. :mad:

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
thats just its way of tellin u to play nice :cheeky4:

·
Registered
26,195 Posts
Just did a Polaris just like that! Use a set of needle nose vise grips and get an extra set of hands! Get the spring started around and have them clamp it with the vise grips. Then as you get a coupla more turns reclamp it! Once it is all in there, just set the pully in. Turn it in the direction the rope is pulled. Put the rope into the notch and wind it. Pull the rope threw and let it rewind. Adjust the tension!

·
Chitown Rider
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yah forget that. Found one on ebay for $31.00. Cheaper than the spring from babbits alone. The spring is broke. Should be here in a couple days and then bolt on and go. Spent 3 hours cursing this thing. Forget it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts