Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I modded out my summit 700 olympic edition. I put on 24/43 gears on from 21/44, i changed out my tracks from a 144×15×2 to 144×15×1.5, got a team secondary clutch and tra primary clutch. Also changed out my reeds to the boyesen reed valves, and got the dynoport exhaust system. From stock exhaust with an mbrp trail can. I also did the oil delete kit and took off the oil tank. My friend changed out my jetting to I forgot what setting. I noticed that I lost that bite I had on the first step but gained 12 mph. Went from averaging 98 to 110. My question is what can I do to gain back that bite I lost on the first step without losing the speed....

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Wrong maker as you put this in the Polaris section,lol.

2nd try different secondary clutch springs and primary springs. Trying to find a balance is hard sometimes. You want to keep that extra low end torque but want to keep the speed. You probably won't be able to do it without sacrificing some of the top end speed. Only places that most of the people I know open them up are on lakes so there isn't as much of a chance of causing an accident so keep that in mind depending on your state. Some have a daytime speed limit some do not. I know in Wisconsin some areas have it during the day but regardless every area after dusk is 55mph no matter what.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol I didn't notice the polaris when I posted. Here in Alaska we don't have speed limits. I live in the bush area where the only option to travel to other villages is by plane, or boat in the summer time and in winter we travel with our snowmachines. It's a lot of open country. I was ok with the power my summit had but I wanted more speed. I will look into my springs. Would you have any suggestions for that?

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
BearAk is the Ski-Doo guy around here and is from Alaska. He would know a lot more then I on that. I know they sell complete clutch kits with weights, springs, secondary helixes and so on.

·
Administrator
18,622 Posts
There is always a trade-off. You want to go faster, you usually have to sacrifice low end performance. Mountain sleds like the Summit were not designed to go fast, they were designed to keep the track spinning as you climb or as you play in the deep stuff. If you gear and clutch the sled for optimum speed, you will not be near as happy in the steep and deep...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts