Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we were up north in the up and I raced a yamaha sx 700 viper, whooped it butt, he beat me off the start (he was studded, I'm not) but at about 50 caught him and completely blew by him like he was standing still. He couldnt believe it so we did it over and over and over, It was very fun for me. Then a guy with a zr 800 (long track) wanted an ass kicking , he also beat me off the line until about 60 then the f7 kicked in and i whooped his ass. Same story we did it about 5 times, same result. Then a guy from across the lake saw the event and brought his new fusion over and i smoked him BAD!! I was so impressed and i felt like KING OF THE WORLD. It was very sweet, I guarantee the yamaha guy has his in his shop as we speak cause he fely very tiny and we'll leave mine stock and still whoop his ass the next trip. I LOVED IT!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
AWSOME! I also had a good weekend with my F7. I was on the lake (Ontario) yesterday fishing and happened to have my sled out there, one of the guys who met us out there has a new RX1 and has been bragging about how fast it is. Long story short, he asked me if I wanted to line em up, I went by him like his brake was on. 3 times we raced and not only did I smoke em out of the hole but he couldnt catch me top end either. I thought he would get me in the long haul but he didnt. When we went back to the group he said "cant believe how fast that firecat is" That meant alot coming from a diehard yamaha rider.

·
Registered
17 Posts
hey whats the top end on those f7's. i gotta get one they must really pull you back. anybody know if there is alot of aftermarket parts? either an f7 or the 660 turbo. anyone got a turbo cat here? did that fusion even keep up? how far did you pull away from him.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The 660 turbo is not fast. Doesnt even come close to the F7. I beat a 660 turbo with my old sled 2000 mxz 700, and my cat blows away my ski doo.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Well I know where it wasn't such a great day for these (land rockets)! I raced a 05 f-6 and an 04 f-7 both stock but mine has clutch work and beat them both. Not buy much maybe a sled or so. Funny thing is that the 05 f-6 beat the 04 f-7! I dont think I would beat the 05 F-7, they are quite a bit faster then the older ones.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cool, you have the only stock pro x in the world that will beat a stock f7, you should be proud. you should also tell your buddy that has the f7 to get it checked out by his dealer, if you really did beat it then there is something wrong with it.

·
Registered
462 Posts
CATMANDOO said:
Cool, you have the only stock pro x in the world that will beat a stock f7, you should be proud. you should also tell your buddy that has the f7 to get it checked out by his dealer, if you really did beat it then there is something wrong with it.
wow, you F7 and AC loyal guys need to open your eyes....that is all I ever hear when an F7 gets beat.

Go to the dealer somethings wrong.

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
they say it b/c the F7 is the fastest 700 and the fastest 800. you dont think so? look at some race results.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I didn't say mine was stock it has clutch work done specifically from TEAM, and if you can read I also said that the 05 f-6 beat the 04 f-7 and being such a pro on firecats you should also know the 04 f-7 wasn't as impressive as the 03 which always blew up and definetly not as fast as the 05 f-7 which are currently overheating and blowing the drive! So maybe instead of worrying about beating every sled out there maybe they should think of dependability which in 04 there were really know problems but they werent as fast. Last but not least clutching has everything to do with how fast your sled will go, from the helix with quicker shifting to the primary with take off so in conclusion any sled that is COMPARIBLE to these firecats setup right will beat one.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I wasnt arguing stock results and personally I could care less if my sled is a sled length faster then a STOCK firecat, I'm just sick of everyone thinking these sleds are unbeatable. I'm not really much on lake racing anyway cause any TOM DICK or HARRY can hold it wide open on a lake its in the trails or on a track which counts!

·
Registered
217 Posts
For your race results in 2004 the polaris prox2 800 had the fastest 660 ft time and speed out of EVERY sled from your firecat to your zr 900.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You non cat guys are funny! you brag about beating an f7 then you say you dont care about it. the f7 is untouchable, in its class and most others. All you non cat guys know it too, that is why you are all comparing your sleds to it all the time. its a faster machine, deal with it and if you want to run with it, buy one.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I was posting a replay about a couple of cats that didnt have a good day Im just sick of hearing about how fast they are and god for bid one gets beat you guys have every excuse under the sun. Excuses are like a$$holes everybody has one!

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
was there an F7 racing at the X games?

At hay days the F7 swept the whole stock 700 and won the stock 800. second in stock 900.

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
2004 results, you are in denial. you argue with drag results then you say they are not important.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts