Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an arcticcat z440 i think the year is 1996 and it starts up just fine and everthing and it will rid fine for about 10mins and then starts to bog out then when i cheak my spark plugs they r all black and crap so it wont start untill i clean them agin and plus the guy i bout my sled from had it sitin for about 2or3 years and when i set my sled on boards and stuff the tracj runs fine but when i drive it it will drive for a certin amount of time so do u guys think i shuld clean my carbs or what

·
Premium Member
34,103 Posts
Definitely clean them, also make sure that it has the correct plugs in it.
I think that the most likely answer though is that the chokes are stuck open and making it run too rich.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh icic alright thanx cuz like it has alot of old gas in it and i put my sled on a stand and ran it all out and it seemed to run fin when it was on that stand and wuldent bog out untill i drove it around for about 10 mins so ya that what my friend told me it mit be running to much gas or something but ya im from hawaii and i just got this sled and i dont really no to much about them so ya i need some help lol and i think i got the right plugs arnt they supose to be um ngk or something??

·
Premium Member
34,103 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Seafoam ain't gonna take out sediment or get thru blocked passages, gotta get in there and get it yourself.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright thanx but ya thats what we did was just take it apart and ya it works fine cuz befor it wuld run great when it was sitin on something holding the trac up and i was just reving it up but when i got it on the snow then ya it wuldent move at all it just stayed at about 4000 rpm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts