Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Woo Hooo!!!!!!!! This is fun!!! I kept hitting the throttle and letting go, My sled would jump almost out of the water. Thats how the skiis got out of the water.

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is a cabin we found in the middle of the woods in the UP. Nobody was home so we took a ladder off of a tree stand, climbed on the roof and jumped off. Ha Ha!!!

Attachments

·
Administrator
1,084 Posts
Those pics are great! Looks like you had a heck of a time out there on the water. Do you have a standard 3/4" track or some paddles on the xlt?

Now I want to try skipping. :) Unfortunately I don't think I can afford to loose my sled at this point.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's just a standard 3/4 track. It wasn't as good on water when I had the original steel skis on it, but I replaced them with some plastic skis that kind of have a tri keel design so they float alot better on water and powder. The water was probably only 2-3 feet deep where I was riding but it would still suck to loose a sled in that. With the skipping, you've got to be careful and make sure you've got full control. I almost lost it and rolled a couple of times. But it's definitely a lot of fun. I don't think I'll be doing anything "crazy" on the water with my 2003 600xcsp but I have already crossed some water with my new sled this season.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you seen any Revs skipping water?

I skip water with my 99 MXZ. It is just like a boat. I have just bought a 04 REV. I hear 03 REVs were not good on water. Any Comments?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't really know that well abotu the REV's on water. Only time I have seen one cross water was In Traverse City last winter crossing a river (approximately 40 ft.) it seemed to cross alright.

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
Re: Have you seen any Revs skipping water?

MinCom said:
I skip water with my 99 MXZ. It is just like a boat. I have just bought a 04 REV. I hear 03 REVs were not good on water. Any Comments?
Haven't heard anything about that...but going by basic concepts, you would think a REV wouldn't be too great for water:
1. Going across water the rider generally leans back right?
2. On the REV platform the rider sits further forward

So you'd just have to put your weight back further than would feel natural on the sled.

agreed?

·
Registered
41 Posts
where on lake st. clair were you riding? i live on lake st. clair in harrison township? that looks like it could be on anchor bay but im not sure. maybe we could do some ice riding this year.

·
Registered
1 Posts
To tell you the truth. A Rev will cross water, but you have to lean way back to keep the weight off the front. A friend of mine went in on his Rev because he was sitting on it normal, since your weight is more up front, it makes the skis want to dive right in. So if you want to cross a rev, go atleast 40-50 mph and stand up and lean back, you should be fine then. Also a firecat crosses pretty good, my f7 has not had a problem yet, but i have not crossed alot of water with it, just a few shots across the channel. I use my 88 ski-doo mx LT 462 to cross the water. I set it up for the water and it does great, I think I might do some oval racing with it this year. I will try to post a couple pics of the beast some time. Later.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
the blair mprgan rev will cross water like it's snow. but it does make sense why they (the rev) wouldnt be so great in water... your weight is more forward on the skis like you said.

they're still superior.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts