Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice! You need to get some plastic skis though! 20-30lbs off that front end would do that 650 a lot of good!
Thanks for the tip! What would you recommend? As well as which carbides?
As you can see in my pictures, I do a lot of lake riding. I live beside a lake which connects to a huge system of other lakes.
Tom

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Tbh a cheap but decent option for those is the camoplast skis and 6" of carbide. You can get the whole kit for about 250 US. Comes with set of skis, polaris mounting kit and carbides. Then the carbides should you need to replace them are the same as some newer ski-doo models and polaris models these days.

Contact these folks and ask them if they can include a set of 6" carbides instead and make sure you tell them the year and model. The touring skis are for trails and the all terrain are more for mountain snowmobiles. They will ship to canada as someone else here just bought a set for their yamaha and bought it from them.

·
Administrator
18,889 Posts
Ahh, old school. I had a 90, I still love the sound of a triple! That thing was pretty quick, too! But now I'm addicted to 16" of rear suspension travel.. and not hitting my knees with the bars when I turned!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts