Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking to get another sled... i currently have a 1998 formula III 700, and am looking to get another sled... i was wondering if anyone could give me some performance specs on the mxzx 440? is it a good sled? i am just looking for another sled that will be funner to ride on trails and to jump and not such a tank to get it unstuck in powder... any other suggestions on other ski-doos that are good for those areas... thanks

ben

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
A friend has a 440 MXZX sled, it's a screamer. The second X in MXZX was a snowcroos edition that Ski Doo put out. You can tell if it's a genuine MXZX by the clear fuel tank. THey're going pretty expensive on eBay, a mint one could bring 5 to 6000 dollars. :eek:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am currently on my second MXZx 440 and I LOVE IT!! The only place they lack a little is deep powder riding. As far as jumping, holeshots, and 0-70, these little rippers are hard to beat. From your F-III, you will notice a HUGE difference in jumping and corner to corner acceleration. They shine in the trails and moguls are no match. If you don't mind mixing your gas & oil, this is the sled for you. You can get a oil injection kit for it if you wanted(it's the same one the 600 uses). I would be willing to share any performance tips I have with you if you want.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have one it rips, plenty of power and you can throw it around the trail best sled I ever owned , mixin oil is a drag but the sled performance makes it worth it just make the racin domes are out of the heads or you will run racin fuel. yellow forever

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
redlinin could you post some performance specs for me... also maintenance wise how are the sleds? are they higher maintence because they are a highly worked 2 stroke? thanks for your time...

ben

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
also redlinin, where could you find the oil injection kit? what would you say the top speed on your sled is? thanks for your time..

ben

·
Registered
5 Posts
yea way to be Ben S....i'm after you, i know where you live, and i know where you work. Anyways, you know that when a 1997 MXZX walks all over your sled in 550', they're worth it. I agree with what everyone else is saying, and hopefully, i'll be making use of it soon. How about the reliability of the ZX chassis MXZX's. I know the ZX chassis handles much better than the S, but of the MXZX's that were made in that chassis for racing, which year was the best? I'm guessing it was '02, but who knows.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont recall you walking all over it... hey, by the way your pizzas really do suck... thas all the comebacks i have for know... and yes they did suck....

·
Registered
467 Posts
a giood friend of mine has on 02 x and its been good. as for the best yeah out of the crate maybe but his 99 was better after a few tricks! he is big into stock class drag racing so it was not exotic but tuning and most things thanks to his input made it to the newer X's

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think the zx sled is the best mxzx they made I have no desire for a rev I have a 2001 mxzx440 it is built like a tank for a light wieght sled . I have no desire to put oil injection once you get the mix right I am looking for a racing handbook that ski doo put out any help would be gladly excepted also for a 440 the mxzx will run with the 600 cc sleds all day, I love the look on their faces when he he remember yellow forever

·
Registered
42 Posts
For anyone looking, the injection kit for the 600cc doos work on the 440s and your local doo dealer should have part #s, sorry I don't, I just got used to premixing. As for performance, there is no other, I've run better than all my buddies in tight twisties and they can't believe it, they always ask me what I have done to it and when I say, "nothing", they just get pissed. The only two places they lack is deep powder and top end, I only get 85-90 WOT. But, getting to 70 is where all the fun is!
I have the '01 and I've had '02s pull away from me in the bumps and straightaways, they have superior suspension(sc-10 III) and a little better pull out of the hole, so I would have to say that the '02s are the best out there(barring Revs), I wish I would have bought an '02 instead.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a ZR 500 and it is a pig on gas and it is ALLWAYS broke! I was thinking about gettina mxzx or a mxz and selling my zr. Will I be happy with this machine?

Wa it the top speed, hp, porformance, maintence like on the mxz and the mxzx like, and any other things u can think of.

Do they have Electric Start or Reverse?
Wa size track do they each have.

Do anyone have any pic of any of these machines.

what are these machines like on gas compared to each other?

THANKS!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts