Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
BASICALLY SAME SLED PERFORMANCE WISE BUT MXZ HAS STIFFER SUSPENSION, FORMULA MOSTLY FOR CRUISIN'

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that is what i thought but figured i would ask, cuz my brother found a 02 formula 500 for $2,600 but does not to scrifice preformance to a new cheap sled

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think it depends on the model of Formula. Mine wasn't built just for "cruisin".

·
Registered
323 Posts
FormulaZ said:
I think it depends on the model of Formula. Mine wasn't built just for "cruisin".
Yeah, my friend has a 99 FormulaZ 670, it's a pretty nice sled. It is a high performance sled, but mostly for haulin a$$ down trails. The rear suspension isn't much for being adjustable to race on the ice. FormulaZ, do you have to modify anything to stud this sled? I haven't looked at his sled in too much detail, but someone was saying theres no room for studs. I don't know if they mean at the bulkhead or in the tunnel. I'll try to look at my buddies this week sometime myself.

·
Registered
38 Posts
With my old '96 studs are possible at .875" length, but your buddy's '99 is quite different from mine. I couldn't find any info on studding a FormZ after 1997 so maybe your're in for a big headache if your going to try it.:confused:

·
Registered
194 Posts
my brothers 99 formula z with the arm suspension studded fine with no problems after 6000 miles. JUst hafta add tunnel protectors.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Thanks for the info, I'll probably take a look at it sometime this week. That would be nice if He only needs tunnel protectors.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I own a formula mx, as well as a mxz, in performance and suspension i would definately reccomend a mxz, but i just cant seem to get off of the formula, just too much fun.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I love my formula. Had a 1.075 stud and still had over an inch to spare but i wouldnt temp it. The z would seem to be a better ride but id rather have the SPEED...

·
Registered
20 Posts
The MXZ is a tad more for high-performance turing, but a Formula Z is basically the same thing. i've had 2 MXZ's and currently one of my sleds is a Formula Z 500 LC. My other sled is a 98 Formula III 700 and the 500 holeshots it. hard to find a better riding sled than the Z, but personally i would go with the MXZ for looks and perf. unless you can find the rare Formula Z from 2000 in a 700. those are just plain badass.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We just bought a Formula 500 LC............Anyone care to share their experiences with this machine? Would like to know about horse power, strengths, and weeknesses

·
purple z
35 Posts
My formula z 583 rides and handles better than my friends 97 mxz 583. I personally think it's because i have precision dual carbide skis and he's on old metal skis. Also in the S chassis the formula has about an inch more front suspension travel. I believe in the zx chassis they are very similar as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts