Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 mxz 467 .. just rebuilt .20 over due to the fact that I bought a jug off ebay only to find out it was .20 over .

after I got the top end rebuilt . I cant get the carbs right .

it will run good for a little while then it will bog out and loose power. the spark plugs look dry and i have the needle clip set on 2 with the air screws on 1.5 .

it likes to idle and run w.o.t seams a little boggie in the middle.

If i run it around the yard-hard then it justs want to shut off . If I pump the primer it will kinda keep going . I have a bit of oil in the gas tank . 50-1 till it runs out due to the fact its a new motor .

New fuel pump and lines are also installed.

should I go to the 3rd clip setting. what would make it loose. power. the pistons on top are still nice and new looking with no burn spots on them .

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok. fuel pump is new with new lines.

also im thinking its the coil getting hot(( maybe or maybe not ))

or one of the carbs has a slight bent in one of the needles .

does anyone have any of those little plastic washers that are in the top of a carb that goes were the needle and clip are... i do not wana pay 10.00 for this part and well its missing .. do u need this ! one needle has a little pay-the one that has a slight bent and the other one is firm..

also keep in mind ive given up taking this to the places around here that do nothing but take your money and ripe you off

can you believe the same sled I had a licence shop rebuild it ! they put spi pistons in it only for me to find out one piston was .20 over .. they put stock in it !!! they tuned it up and it came back running like a dog! when i complained he told me not to come back and the sled was old .... 1994 with 2000 miles and 800 in the motor along.. new crank .. up from them !!

just thought i would let you guys know you have more since then most shops

they did not even gap my new plugs .. the owner of the shop told me there was not need to !! ya i bet as i had to really open them up from stock to get the correct gap .

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any one have a shop manual to tell me the stock jets and needles for it

i keep getting different numbers googling it

its a 1994 mxz 470 ( 467)

jets in it are a 280 and 290

·
Registered
13 Posts
Jets are 290 (pto side) and 280 (mag side) 24mm float hight and 159 N-4 needle jet. Pilot screw 3/4 turns out and1600-1800 idle speed

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts