Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
mxz 500 98 need help

I can start and run my sled the first time. Then i will shut it off to go for a walk or check something out. I come back and go to start it and it won't start so i give it a few primes and won't start. take the spark plugs out. They are wet so i dry them off. Hold the throthle open and pull it over the clean it out. Then put plugs back in and pull it over it will make a noise then stop. I pull it again and won't start. And it is flooded again. Then only way i can start it is to wait. Untill it cools down and the engine has been cleaned out again. Can anybody give me some advice?

·
Registered
69 Posts
ure sled could be loading up... what temperatures are you running it in? my 02 mxzx 440 doesnt like to run in the heat because they are jetted to run in the cold weather...

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Try opening the throttle about 1/4 next time, no primer at all. Most sleds don't need priming to restart, especially in this weather :)

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
mike_ols said:
when this was happening i was running the sled in -8 to -10C.
Regardless of temp, you shouldn't have to prime it once it's warm. Do the quarter throttle thing and let us know how it worked out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ya, i have a 99 mxz 500 and i usually prime it twice or 3 times, i forget now, to start it off cold and i dont prime it at all after it has been started once or it will not start for like 50 pulls. They are pretty sensitive when it comes to priming it just hold the throttle open 1/4 or watever you find works best, should do fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts