Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I already made a thread about this snowmobile but I'm now having different problems so I'll just make a new thread.

I recently took my dads 1987 MX LT out of the shed and have been trying to get it running normal ever since. The things I've done so far is cleaned the carbs, changed all the fuel lines, cleaned fuel pump, changed coolant, oil, and gas, new belt, and new plugs.

I had it running great the other day but then it started bogging really bad. I let it sit for a while and then tried starting it again. It ran good for about 15 seconds and then started bogging really badly. Shut it off, let it sit, started it again and had the same results. So I pulled it in our garage and took a good look at it and saw the oil injection was stuck almost wide open, so I tried pushing it down and *snap* the cable broke.

I guess I pretty much have 2 questions. 1, could the oil injection being stuck open have caused the bogging problem? And 2, do I have to replace the whole throttle cable assembly (because the throttle cable splits into three, two for the carbs and one for the oil injection) or can I take it apart where it splits? (see picture)

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Yes, you have to replace the whole cable. I'd check your carb bowls to see if you sucked up something from the tank.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok so I got the throttle cable and put it in. It was too long so when I gave it full throttle the carbs weren't up all the way like they should be (even when I adjusted it). I figured it wouldnt be that bad so I pumped the throttle a few times and *snap* the cable broke... It seemed cheaply made. Anyone know where I could get a good replacement one? And the right sized one?

·
Registered
385 Posts
You can try checking denniskirk.com . That's where I get a lot of parts for my snowmobiles.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats where I did get it, but thanks.
The number on the cable is 414-5329 7F. Does anyone know of one that would work?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I cant find the exact one but I found one thats pretty darn close...

The part # for mine is 414-5329 7F and the one they recommended for my snowmobile is 414-6492. There's also another one that the part number is 414-5330 00. What one should I go with? The last time I went with what a website recommended it wasn't the right size, but I don't want to get the other one and have it not work either...

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And could anyone tell me if the oil injection being stuck open could have caused the bogging problem? I checked the compression just because I was curious and it was 165-165 (so that shouldn't be any problem)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts