Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have always had issue with loading the trailer solo... Using a 2x4 wedged under the truck end side of the deck to hold it up while I drive on.

Got a lift shock and hoping to mount it and solve this issue... But when I look under my trailer it's not the usual tilt trailer design with the square bracket mounting point running under the deck as my lift shock instruction manual would suggest.

Any suggestions? Anyone successful solve the one-man tilt trailer conundrum?

· Registered
3,975 Posts
Mine is setup the same way and it is heavy enough that I can run right up without a problem. I then have my dad or if its me push it down put the holder on the snowmobile that was just run up and tilt it back again for the 2nd snowmobile.

Never had an issue but it looks like your trailer does not tilt back as far as mine does. I think you are stuck with the 2x4 unless someone like KC has an idea.

· Super Moderator
403 Posts
I put my toolbox on the end of the trailer when i need to hold it down. It's heavy enough to hold it while i run the sled or tractor on it. I have also used cinder blocks that were laying around too. But one of the easiest ways to do it is to just pull the sled up close enough and have the skis hold it down enough and then just run the sled up and on. They also sell a spring system for Triton that is useful for that and on my trailer (COX from Ohio) they put a large spring that goes from the Trailer frame to the tilt bar. That also would help hold the trailer up but on mine I have the salt shield at the front and some side 1/Quarter decking that makes it heavier up front that normal and the spring is overpowered, hence my cinder blocks etc....

Steve

· Registered
27,907 Posts
With the lift closed it can mount anywhere behind the clamp (lock)
Drill a hole through the tongue to one end then the other to trailer.
Either a small angle iron or something to mount other end.
Them as you lift trailer the lift is lengthening.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.