Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mountain riding is all I know. I have never even thought of the concept of riding where you are no more than 100 yds from the nearest tree. Avoiding trees while sledding is like avoiding other cars or high rise buildings while driving. It's not a factor. Yes, we need a good dump here on the West Coast to be able to ride out of our garage, but it happens at least 2 or 3 times a year. When it doesn't, it's only a 15 minute trailer to Frenchman Lake to unload, then all snow. There is lots of powder here(I laugh at you who talk about poor or well-groomed trails.) You can go from Chilcoot, CA (get your map out NOW), to Antelope Lake, to Susanville, Ca, to Greenville and back. I have never made the trip, but I look forward to it someday. Would probably take 2-3 (fun, drinking, enjoyable) days, but you have dwellings and libations all along the way. I have seen some pictures and questions, basically, to the effect of 'How do I avoid trees?'................................Well, here's the answer.................................'DON'T HIT THEM'....I grew up near the mts and the first time I got on a sled, I realized that I had already 10 years experience on 3 wheelers and motorcycles. Same concept, different season, the way I see it. You are on a powerful toy. Respect it. Understand it. Realize what it can do. Then, .........HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The first time you get scared , go home and think about it. Then, apologize to yourself and your wife/girlfriend/friend/boss/associate/neighbor and, when you are ready, get back out there and lay some trail. Powder is all I know. (PS - Back in close enough to the next guy so he is scared you will hit his truck. Then, help him unload first. Works wonders, and builds friendships.) --Nosaj

·
Registered
233 Posts
ive tried that last part before, works good to make sleedin buddies;) ive never been mountain riding before. never had a sled capable of it. but i have been in lotsa powder before. thats fun as heck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts