Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back into sleds after many many years away. I am currently using the sled in my sig. I really like the looks of the Mountain max. Now for the ? I had no idea that there are many sleds for many purposes. I am into trail rides and taking off accross the hills. Is the MM capable of the differant styles?

Thanks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sounds to me that you are looking for a crossover sled.Check out the Ski-doo Renegade or the Polaris SKS( or Switchback.)

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think for trail ridiing the MM has too agressive a track.Any mountain machine is too agressive for trail riding,i think you'd be happier with the SKS or Renegade.(1.25" track)

Mountain machines have 1.5-2.0"

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks PM,

I guess that was the answer I was needing. I have looked into the sks and that is a great looking sled. There are'nt any for sale in my area though. I did find that xc, I will keep my eyes peeled.

·
Registered
77 Posts
You could always add an extension to the rails and add a longer track,say 136" to the xc 500.Then you'd have an awesome all around machine.

·
Registered
76 Posts
If y ou can find a MMax, go for it, you can cut the stock track down to 1.5" and it would be a good all around sled, I have one, and done that with it. better on the trail, you can even change the track drivers for larger ones then if you want more speed.....as a stock mmax is not geared for speed like the renegade and SKS (aka switchback)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am thinking about the Yamaha Viper or the SKS, I guess it is going to boil down to what becomes available in my area. It is going to have to be in the Pacific Northwest, cause my wife is NOT going to understand me driving out to the great lakes to buy a sled!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts