Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm planing to buy a first snowmobile to my wife and I'm looking at the Mountain Cat 500 EFI or 570 Fan cooler, 2002.
Any toughts on those 2 machines?

I do have one 2003 MC600 and love it.
Thank you

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
i haven't ridden them but i think i would personally go with the liquid, i think it would have more advantage. It would cooler than the 570 if the weather got warm, has more horsepower i believe and would probly be very similar to your 600. I think a fan cooled for a mountain sled it kind of a joke but if some people like that, thats fine. i really think you'd be better off with the liquid, plus i tihnk the 500 has the power valves and adjustable shocks.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
normally, for mountain sleds id say the more cc's the better. but with a fan-cooled verses a liquid-cooled they're probably even, if not the fan worse. im not sure though, i'd definately research both before buyin one

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
strsout said:
I'm planing to buy a first snowmobile to my wife and I'm looking at the Mountain Cat 500 EFI or 570 Fan cooler, 2002.
Any toughts on those 2 machines?

I do have one 2003 MC600 and love it.
Thank you
DUDE... what a coincidence. I will be going to pick up a new 2002 Mountain Cat 600 EFI from a dealer tomorrow. I sold my 1999 Zr 500 EFI and found a new one at a dealer around here.

$4999 with a 2 year warranty and $500 in accessories for a new 02 MC 600 EFI. I was blown away by the deal and had to jump on it. Thats my dream sled... and its coming true tomorrow! :D :D :D

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
thats awesome cobra, i woulda loved your sled, it looked like such a nice machine, good to hear you found another. Hope you keep it as nice as your Zr

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Re: Mountain Cat 2002: 500 or 570?

$4999 with a 2 year warranty and $500 in accessories for a new 02 MC 600 EFI. I was blown away by the deal and had to jump on it. Thats my dream sled... and its coming true tomorrow! :D :D :D [/B]
That IS a deal...
Wish I can find something like to my wife.

I have a 2003 600EFI and it's the machine.
But b ack to my question, looks like the 500EFI is better then the 570FAN, am I right?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I would take the 500 yes because a liquid is better id say especially for powder riding and it probably puts out as much hp as the 570 fan maybe just a little less

·
Registered
3,316 Posts

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Like to help where i can:D

If you get the sled good luck to you with it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts