Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i got this sled with the motor out of it and some one told me i should run 50:1 mixed gas just for the first tank full and i should also bleed the oil pump .. the mixed gas i can see but bleed the oil pump? how do u do that does it need to be running ?
01 artic cat sno pro

·
Registered
118 Posts
if you want to run mixed gas in a 50:1 ratio, its simple. take 50 parts fuel to 1 part oil, and just mix it. ususally get your gas in a 5 gallon can, see how much you pumped, find 1/50th of the amout of fuel you pumped, dump it in the can too and give it a good shaking.

i have to do this with my raiders, but in a 1:32 ratio as they dont have any type of oil injection.

·
Registered
40 Posts
2 stroke oil

The mix for 50:1 is 2.6 ounces of oil per gallon of gas or 13 ounces for 5 gallons.This is the correct mix for TCW-III oil.That is the spec number for almost all conventional 2 stroke oils.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Oil pump

The addition of the mix gas to the tank is probally the same theory as when firing up a new engine.The extra lubracation helps to wash out any foreign matterial that may be in the engine.Also if the engine has sat it maybe dry inside and extra oil can not hurt.If the oil pump does have air in it as far as I know they are self priming because the oil tank is higher than the pump and the air will be pushed out.Run the engine with mix gas in tank and watch the injection lines for oil supply to the engine.You will probally have to change the plugs after this because they could be oil fouled

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
A lot of oil pumps have a bleeder screw right on them. Crack the screw and the oil will fill the line up to the pump and out the bleeder. Then close the screww and start it, it'll bleed the rest of the way itself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts