Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have. A 2010 800 dragon with a bad chassis. Have a 2010 600 dragon great chassis. Bad motor. Will the 800 fit in the 800 and all the wiring match??? Thanks for all the input

·
Administrator
19,291 Posts
The 800 should bolt into the 600 chassis. You have all the stuff in the 800 to make it work if the 600 mounting doesn't fit. The Polaris website shows that the wiring harness is used in both, so you should be good there. The site also shows the same ECU. I'd at least try it, there's not much to lose.

Here's a link to the Polaris website

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
to bad we're so far away. I have a dragon chassis in my yard that has a completely blown 800. Crank issues, crank case busted.

I was thinking about stripping it down and seeing if I can get a skidoo 503 motor stuffed in there. Why? Because I have a 503 motor that needs a chassis. ha!

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Idk does Alaska have a "summer",lol. Thought it was just spring melt off in June/July then snow again in Sept/Oct ;). Btw thanks for that help as well Bear. Not gonna work out though everything is just out of my price range.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Yeah meanwhile the two of us in the Midwest sit here and suffer with temps above 90 during the summer & humidity ranging from 65-80 sometimes,lol. Hence one reason why I was looking so hard at moving to Alaska in the next year or two but the prices for housing are just so out of range for someone who is disabled.

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
We do have seasons, just a little bit different:

Breakup - that time when the snow is mushy and you can't really ride very much unless you haul everything 200 miles away to the mountains.

Summer - June and July, the sunlight is always there and so are the mosquitos. No darkness at all...except when the smoke from forest fires cover the sun. Right now it is 77 degrees outside. (June 17th). The sun sets for about 2 hours, but it never gets dark until August. August is a 50/50 chance of either being to wet to do anything fun or/and just everyone saving up for hunting season.

Hunting Season - Only last a few weeks, everyone has worked on their boats and 4 wheelers prepping for this 2 weeks.

The boring time - Two cold to do anything outside, but no snow yet (Sept-Oct).

First snow time - Not really deep enough to ride, but some people do. Specially fanners and small machines (old Tundra/Bravos), but water is still not frozen so limited access

Thanksgiving - Kind of marks the first time anyone dares to go across the lakes. After the first person makes it, then others will ice-fish and we learn the true thickness of the ice.
Some years we have lots of snow, other years we have no snow yet.

Darkness - Nov-Dec-Jan-Feb are dark. Sun rises for about 2 hours in Dec and even then it is just barely up. Most riding is in the dark, of course. However, these are also the coldest months and by coldest, I mean -20F and colder for a good portion of them.

March-April - Prime riding season. Warmer, more light, and typically all the snow we'll get for the year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts