Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, does anyone know how easily a F7 motor would bolt into a F5 chassis? id love to make a "sleeper" sled. I would think you would have to get new motor mounts and re-align the clutches, but would it be much moire difficult than that? Also, i was wondering what the best sounding silincer is for the F5. Ive heard the mbrp race silencer but thats it. thanks for the input

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
yeah of dont even buy the decals because buying just the decals from a dealer would probably cost you more than the entire f5 hood from someone on eBay.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea, well not all of us are rich and can just go get a F7 and swap hoods or graphics, thats why im aking about a motor swap, plus I like workin on mechanics

·
Banned
114 Posts
Since you're on a budget, why don't you tell me where you are going to get an F7 motor and pipe for under $2000. For that amount, you could sell an F5 and add less that $2000 to what you got for it and buy an F7. You would still have enough left over to buy the decals.

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
why do you want a sleeper that bad, buy the f7 and deck it out, lol, or drop the f8 kit in it and leave the rest stock :D:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, but if i dont end up with the F7 motor or getting an F7, does anyone know whats the best sounding silencer for the F5? I like the MBRP, but i heard the sno-stuff rumble pack is a good one too

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
why would you go get an f7 for the hood? dont buy the entire f7 you fool just buy the hood off someone on ebay. theyre always up there for a couple hundred.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts