Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
snowmobile motor golfcart(aka motor stalls)

ok bear with me. i have a golf cart. and in that golf cart is the 340 cc motor out of a 1970 something alouette snowmobile. it has a mikuni carb ( i don't the model number). i can start it up and it will run well and i can drive it and it flys but when i slow down the motor stalls out and i need starting fluid to start it. and lately i start it up and it stalls out. why?

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Sounds like the fuel pump can't keep up, or there is a venting problem with the fuel tank. Run it with the gas cap loose and see if it still stalls.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
found the problem. it was in the fuel pump. one of the vavles in the pump came off so after the fuel got pushed in to chamber it got sucked right back out again hopefully i fixed it but we will see tomorrow.

thanks for the info

·
Registered
39 Posts
HEY! would you mind sending me an image of the motor in your golf cart?

I'm in the middle of mounting a 96 VMAX 600 in my ez-go right now, and am interested to see how the exhaust is routed on yours.

I think I'm going to need a parachute to stop this thing though.
:p

How's your brakes holding up?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey,
the exhaust runs next to the motor on the passenger side, it runs up at a slight angle and goes in to the wheel well. i had to cut and wld a couple of times. the exhaust dumps in the wheel well so all you see is a cloud of smoke pouring from the wheel. sorry i don't have any pictures right now. the brakes work ok, i had to tighten them up at the pedal though. the only problem i have is that they lock up the wheels very easily. so you skid most of the time. we just did a top speed test today and got going 43 mph.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i was hoping to go faster we used a GPS to gauge the speed but i don't think it is totally accurate. i check it driving in my truck and it read 5 mph slower than the truck speedo. so if thats true we were going almost 50. thunder, what is the final drive gear ratio in your cart? mine is 7:1 if you have anything higher than that combined with a 600 cc engine you will go faster than that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my spark plugs keep fouling, well i guess you could call it dieing. what is causing this? it always happens on the same cylinder.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts