Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My nephew was doing some work to his skid and had the back end hoisted up to work underneath it. He got it fixed and when he went to start it it was seriosly flooded. We talked to a skidoo mechanic and he says if tipped to high it will fill crank with gas.So my question is what is the best way to get that gas out or to get the sled started. Thank you

·
Registered
24 Posts
pull the spark plugs out and pull until you're not getting any fuel spraying out of the plug holes, i believe there are also drains on the case under the Y-pipe, they're bolts that are about a 10mm if im not mistaken, that will drain most of it out, but you'll still have to pull the spark plugs and yank on it a bunch

·
Super Moderator
18,333 Posts
I don't think Ski-doo does the crankcase vents, so pulling the plugs and pulling the rope until it's clear is about your only option. Make sure the sled is outside and that the ignition is OFF. You will get a LOT of fuel out, and any sparks will ruin your day. YOu may also want to pull the exhaust and can and make sure there isn't a bunch of fuel in there as well. After you figure you have most of it out, let things set for about 15 minutes to allow any gasoline to evaporate before attempting to start the engine.

Then figure out what caused the problem so it won't happen again. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts