Votes: 0 0.0%
  • rider(not exactly part of sled)

Votes: 26 45.6%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what everyone thinks the most important feature of a mountain sled is.

·
Registered
711 Posts
engine power then lug hight then track length then rider. can the rider handle where that type of sled can take him. they also say if a sled is ugly (green) it goes slower...;)

ya loose so much power as you go up in altitude. thus the reason for all the mods. i am happy if i can still have over 100 hp or even 110 at 10, 000 ft

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
Oh no way. Its soo track lug height. :) Any decently powered machine with a nice track can handle snow reasonably well. I have a 488 fan that does a good job.... engine power.... over rated. :D

The difference between my 3/4" and 1-1/2" track on my Zr 500 was night and day.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
but i've also heard that no matter how much lug you got, without the length, your digging a trench because of no floatation.

·
Registered
711 Posts
flotation speeks more then lug height, but you still need a engine to push it all. thus the upgrade to the 800 for me. the rmk has a nice face lift coming as well :)

and keep in mind that i am still talking about elevation here as well. at a thousand feet a smaller engine can push a bigger track, but in 10,000 ft (last year) i found out all to well the need fo a bigger engine and a good rider. dang those hills were nasty this year.. wheeeee

·
Runnin Against The Wind!
8,036 Posts
Ok rock it!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Cobra said:
engine power.... over rated. :D

Now I'm not going to argue with the moderator, but to me power would be everything in a mountain sled to turn the longest track with the biggest lugs to carry the rider alllllllllllllllllll the way up the mountain.:D KING CAT 900

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
need an f9 said:
Cobra said:

Now I'm not going to argue with the moderator, but to me power would be everything in a mountain sled to turn the longest track with the biggest lugs to carry the rider alllllllllllllllllll the way up the mountain.:D KING CAT 900

Yeah i gotta agree with f9. Because same with me if i were trying to get up to the top I would want a lot of power. Because u do need the most power to get the biggest track with the biggest lugs to get the rider to the top lol. And the king cat 900's are awesome.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the insight, i'm trying to get an idea of where to start next year when I start modding my mirage.

So far its power in the lead, then length and rider tied for second, and lug height in third, i figured no one thought skiis were THE most important part. I figured this is pretty much how it would plain out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
C&A Pro 2005 Outlaw Skis.. Money Back Guarantee

If you are looking for aftermarket skis try C&A Pro's new 2005 OUTLAW skis. They are the best all around ski you will find.

I have had numerous riders and racers telling me how much they love the new ski. These are guys that have ran many different aftermarket skis including older C&A Pro skis in the past, and have told me these are the best skis they have ever used. Some of the feedback I have received regarding the new Outlaw ski is as follows. They have a solid feel and are very predictable. They turn great in all snow conditions whether it be low snow, deep snow, or crusty snow. They track very well in all conditions and will NOT dart. In spite of our bigger keel they are as easy if not easier to steer than old C&A pro skis. So your arms will not feel like rubber after a day of riding. The tri-keel design holds the snow under the ski and they float very well in deep powder conditions. There will be additional testimonials from riders and racers to posted on the website as word of mouth is the best advertising. We are so confident that once someone uses our skis they will love them so much we are backing it with a 14 Day Money Back Guarantee. If the customer doesn't like how the ski performs or feels we'll reimburse them for the price of ski. Only thing they have to pay for is the shipping charges.

Jeremy
[email protected] proskis.com

·
Registered
711 Posts
need an f9 said:
Cobra said:

read up more, i said power first. its all power

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
Re: C&A Pro 2005 Outlaw Skis.. Money Back Guarantee

jmorlock said:
If you are looking for aftermarket skis try C&A Pro's new 2005 OUTLAW skis. They are the best all around ski you will find.

I have had numerous riders and racers telling me how much they love the new ski. These are guys that have ran many different aftermarket skis including older C&A Pro skis in the past, and have told me these are the best skis they have ever used. Some of the feedback I have received regarding the new Outlaw ski is as follows. They have a solid feel and are very predictable. They turn great in all snow conditions whether it be low snow, deep snow, or crusty snow. They track very well in all conditions and will NOT dart. In spite of our bigger keel they are as easy if not easier to steer than old C&A pro skis. So your arms will not feel like rubber after a day of riding. The tri-keel design holds the snow under the ski and they float very well in deep powder conditions. There will be additional testimonials from riders and racers to posted on the website as word of mouth is the best advertising. We are so confident that once someone uses our skis they will love them so much we are backing it with a 14 Day Money Back Guarantee. If the customer doesn't like how the ski performs or feels we'll reimburse them for the price of ski. Only thing they have to pay for is the shipping charges.

Jeremy
[email protected] proskis.com

Hey jeremy are you guys in cort agian with specialtes

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
i voted for power. you need something to push you up the hill, and just lugs wont do that.

i also think the rider is an important part too. mountain riding can get tricky, especially if you're used to flat land like me.

and dano, they were talking about cobra when when they said "im not going to go against the moderator but..."

·
Registered
1 Posts
Power vs rider

sesnopro said:
I own a 04 King Cat. This is my first Arctic Cat, previously I rode Ski-Doo including the Rev Mountain sled. I recently rode with one of my friends who owns an 05 Ski-Doo 1000 Mountain sled. This sled has the 162 X 16 track with 2.4 inch lugs and could not out do the King Cat. In fact the KC would outperform his sled in every way. He is a very good rider and I am so-so, but the King Cat makes me perform like a pro! Best snowmobile I have ever ridden. I live in Fallon, Nevada but ride in eastern Oregon(Baker City). Also rode with another friend who owns a new 05 Polaris 900 Mountain with 166 X 15 track. The KC could ride circles around his sled. In my world, the King Cat is the best powder mountain sled available.:)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Ever hear the saying....

10% machine, 90% rider.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts