Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know where this fits in so here it is.

I built this for a friends daughter. It has a kitty cat bulkhead and steering post, the rest of it I built from tubing. It runs on 80/20 alcohol/nitro at 11,400 rpm. I can't wait to see what it'll run. Her last sled I built was a stock kitty cat chassis and ran 45 mph. We'll soon see what this one wil do.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
pic 2

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
wow, that little Kitty Cat is awesome! You really did a great job. The thing I need to ask, is just how old is the girl that will be (grass-dragging it by the looks of it?) Whoever the luck girl is, she obviously can ride a sled!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pic 3

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, The girl is 12 now, but only about 64#'s It is set up for 1000 foot speed runs with a cleated belt track , but I built the front axle high with the intent of running it on grass with a rubber track and wheel skis.

The engine in the original Kitty piece but I did a ton of mods to it including extensive porting, tightening up the crankcase, building a 20.5mm alcohol carb and fabricating a billet cyl. head out of extruded aircraft aluminum. There are also some tricks I can't devulge here or, well, you know :D

We had it out once last year and the CMSA put it on their web site under the 150 MPH club section. Look at cmsaracing.com and look at the 150 mph club at the bottom.

Here is the image from their website.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
First off that sled is sweeeeeet. And second is it kinda looks like a mini-version of this sled.

I found it on sledclub.com and this is what the guy put
1000HP
I came across this photo in an email sent to me. Said it had TWO engines with nitro, pipes and all the junk pumping out 1000HP.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
haha, that things awsome, nice work

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Nice work man!! That thing looks fast!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ecsnowmobiling said:
First off that sled is sweeeeeet. And second is it kinda looks like a mini-version of this sled.

I found it on sledclub.com and this is what the guy put
1000HP
I came across this photo in an email sent to me. Said it had TWO engines with nitro, pipes and all the junk pumping out 1000HP.
Great photo! That is a picture of Lynn Anderson's (Anderson Chassis Service in Lindstrom Mn. ) Open Mod. He built that to run in the unlimited class against such sleds as Marv Jorgensons "Jaws" sled.
Lynn built our open mod chassis and the engine came from the pro stock sled of Chris Hanson, who incidentally, is the guy driving the twin engine beast in the picture.
The sled pictured has TWO Union Bay 1000cc triples on gas with nitrous oxide (not nitromethane), and it runs over 150 mph in 1000 ft. rolling out 4-500 feet before he lays it down. They only ran it a few times and have not made a full pass with it yet. It really is insane. If that picture panned over another 10 feet, I would have been in it. That sled will be out in 3 weeks in Center City Mn. at the speed run. I'll try to get and post some pics of the detail of the inner workings of it.

Thanks for the complements on the Kitty Cat too!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
the sled has twin 1420cc unionbay motors. he ran it at winterfest, at hayward wi. last year and run 165mph, in a 1000ft. in interview with chris, he said it was a little over 600hp. not sure if that was with NOS. or without. sled has also ran 175mph at another race. there was a small video of the run at www.buckfiftyracing.com

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Rev. Ronnie said:
Great photo! That is a picture of Lynn Anderson's (Anderson Chassis Service in Lindstrom Mn. ) Open Mod. He built that to run in the unlimited class against such sleds as Marv Jorgensons "Jaws" sled.
Lynn built our open mod chassis and the engine came from the pro stock sled of Chris Hanson, who incidentally, is the guy driving the twin engine beast in the picture.
The sled pictured has TWO Union Bay 1000cc triples on gas with nitrous oxide (not nitromethane), and it runs over 150 mph in 1000 ft. rolling out 4-500 feet before he lays it down. They only ran it a few times and have not made a full pass with it yet. It really is insane. If that picture panned over another 10 feet, I would have been in it. That sled will be out in 3 weeks in Center City Mn. at the speed run. I'll try to get and post some pics of the detail of the inner workings of it.

Thanks for the complements on the Kitty Cat too!!
Thanks for telling us because I only found it on sledclub.com but thanks for all the info on it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bobo said:
the sled has twin 1420cc unionbay motors. he ran it at winterfest, at hayward wi. last year and run 165mph, in a 1000ft. in interview with chris, he said it was a little over 600hp. not sure if that was with NOS. or without. sled has also ran 175mph at another race. there was a small video of the run at www.buckfiftyracing.com

Yeah, my mistake, they are the big motors. I'm pretty sure that it is 600hp without nitrous though as those 1420's are easily over 300 hp each. I've never seen it make any full passes around here though since our ice was always so bad. I hope to see him lay down the law with it this year though:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts