Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the chip from black magic racing and I was wondering if you have to solder it in or does it just like snap in? Also does anyone have it? What kind of performance gains do you get?

·
Registered
121 Posts
You have to open your ecu and see which one your sled has. The top right hand side of the chip will have a black square,circle, or triangle on it. Order a chip puller or you'll wish you never attempted it cause once bend a prong it will never line up. I've done this a few times and it's pretty easy with the puller, and yes they snap in place. Pretty good gains but not sure if i would spend the money again, clutch kits seem to work better than the chip for your money. Does smoke less which is a plus. Reverse kits from cat are around $600 ,not cheap and if your not much of a mechanic don't attempt. good luck hope this helps.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you think the chip that you have to buy for twin pipes is also the one that they sell seperatly? I was wondering because I would get the chip first and then latter on get the pipes. So do you think it would run normal with it and still get good performance and not have to get a different one for the pipes?

·
Registered
121 Posts
The chip and pipe are designed to work together, If your gonna put pipes on u have to get the chip that goes with it. I'd suggest saving your money and purchasing them together.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts