Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Daniel
31 Posts
My 98 zr 600 EFI seems to have a problem in powder. It feels like a car with traction control, as soon as i start spinning alot it almost sounds like a missfire. and once I come off the powder it seems to still bog for a while. expecialy at high speeds, once I hit about 60 mph its like its loosing power.
It seemed to run good for the first 5 miles then after we hit the powder it started running like crap. Any Suggestions? I changed the stator last week because it melted down but I had this problem before, as well as a new coil.

·
Registered
209 Posts
if ur in the powder at lower speeds and its alot it could be blocking airflow to the engine so it comes down in power or the exhaust is getting clogged up when its buried in the powder. but if it stays for a bit after coming outta the powder im going with air flow being clogged

·
Daniel
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
k I have some more issues

#1 Im missing the plastic vent peice out of the right side air intake just below the handle for the recoil cord
#2 I opened the airbox and its got an oil ressidue all over with what looks like tinny peices of grass or something stuck to the inside walls of the box.
#3 Are the filters supposed to be dirrectly over the two holes for the intake or stuffed down inside the firewall like they are?
Does anyone know of any rolocating tricks for the air intake? cuz having the vents by my feet is pretty retarded if you wanna ride in any powder

1 - 4 of 4 Posts