Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do I need to replace to fix it. 2000 SRX700. PTO side didn't even have the cable attached to it.

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
unfortunately milky oil is usually a sign of moisture. you may have an issue with the head gasket o ring. best case is condensation and buildup from not working properly.

as for the unattached pv, is the cable pulled out of the slot and obviously doesnt look right? or was it simply unhooked? you can have it repaired cheaper than buying a new one. was it stuck in the housing? whats the middle cylinder pv look like?

stuck valves or mis adjusted valves are the leading cause for pull throughs.

·
ZR rider
2,064 Posts
Check your coolant too. Pull the cap off and look very carefully with a light. If there's any kind of rainbow or white liquid, any at all, pull the head and inspect the o rings.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
unfortunately milky oil is usually a sign of moisture. you may have an issue with the head gasket o ring. best case is condensation and buildup from not working properly.

as for the unattached pv, is the cable pulled out of the slot and obviously doesnt look right? or was it simply unhooked? you can have it repaired cheaper than buying a new one. was it stuck in the housing? whats the middle cylinder pv look like?

stuck valves or mis adjusted valves are the leading cause for pull throughs.
It looks like it unhooked itself a while ago. The end of the cable actually wore away at the slot for the valve so I need a new valve. The end of the cable still looks fine to me. Middle PV looks fine. I am going to replace the head gaskets (I think there is 2) in the cyilinder to make sure. Not sure how else to fix the milky oil on the PV.

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
did one a few weeks back where the servo motor wasnt operating(who knows how long) and the valves had the milky look. after repairing the wiring harness and getting the servo to operate the valves properly, the milky look went away.

not saying this is the case with yours. dont rule out a coolant leak.

i have a contact for a valve rebuilder who can make it better than new, if your interested, for about half the price.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The valve that has the milky look does show indications that it is moving back and fourth with all the wear marks on the valve from sliding. The one valve that did not have the cable attached was a real bugger to get out (it is cylinder #3 where the milky valve is cylinder #1). Should I invest the time and money to get new seals for the top end?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will take the head off and have a look at the seals. What should I be looking for? Do not want to order the parts until I have a look first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts