Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined the forums and looking for people to ride with in Michigan. i ride a Polaris 700 Fusion and have my own trailer....

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
where do you ride? Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last season was my first season back into snowmobiling since I was a kid and I made a few trips to Gaylord and rode the whole area including a trip to mackinaw.

·
Vintage Sled Pilot
533 Posts
Welcome! You should take a look at the forum members ride happening at the end of January. It looks like a good group and a good time! The thread is called the 5th annual michigan ride.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Im from SE Mi, In Richmond. Im looking into buying a sled and getting out there again. But its pretty hard to find a sled on my budget.

·
Vintage Sled Pilot
533 Posts
Im from SE Mi, In Richmond. Im looking into buying a sled and getting out there again. But its pretty hard to find a sled on my budget.
What's your budget, SledSearcher?:dunno:

·
Mad Mike 860
13 Posts
Hey my name is Mike, I'm from SE Michigan (Clinton Twp.) but ride up near Luzerne/Mio area. But, I'll ride anywhere within reason. I'm looking for others to ride with as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MIke, how is the snow in that area? Last season I did all my riding in the Gaylord area and found it to be pretty decent and nice trails. Do you have have a place in that area or? I just stay at a hotel in town and spend the day on the trails and return in the evening.

·
Mad Mike 860
13 Posts
It's my Dad's place where we usually ride from. It's located in Luzerne (about 20 miles east of Grayling). Last weekend we received 5-6", and we had an inch before that. Not much, but it was enough to get in some early season riding. I've ridden Gaylord many times and enjoy it. We usually ride from Luzerne and head towards Gaylord. All the trails around there are nice. But they can be busy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah they do get busy at times and beat out quick. I try to get up there on a Friday and leave on Sunday due to the fact that there are not usually any good trails on Sunday left.

·
Licenced Idiot!
28 Posts
Anyone ride in the Cadillac area? I ride between Big Rapids, Reed City, Evart, Baldwin and Cadillac. Let me know when and where your riding and I'll see if I can tag along.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Charlevoix area here. Tons of great riding in Petoskey, Harbor Springs etc. Always looking for someone to ride with. I dont have a trailer but live right on the trail.

·
Vintage Sled Pilot
533 Posts
Myself and Morriscat rode out of Caberfe' (west of Cadillac) last sunday. Trials were rough but rideable. Conditions were better the farther west we went. Will be up in the Boardman River Valley the weekend of the 29th. Any body been up there recently?

·
Registered
197 Posts
My wife and I usually ride the Indian River area. We are very mellow riders, in fact, I just bought my wife her 1st sled in November.

It started out that i bought a Indy Touring Classic 2 up for ice fishing. She did not have an interest in riding. She kept eyeing my sled in garage, next thing I know she wants to go riding. We did that for 2 years, just on my sled, that got old so she wanted her own.

We took them to Holly RA on Sunday, just to shake hers down and get her used to it.

Everything went well, so we are eyeing a trip north soon, either to Indian River or maybe Rose City, if they get some decent conditions. Never been to Rose City before, allpeals to us since its close for a quick trip.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts