Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never was a fan, but Im fixing up a 80 Enticer for my son and I think the butterfly is going to go. its fat in the low rpm with the right mj for wot. whats the input on this.

·
Registered
15 Posts
get rid of the butterflys they r junk and they suck wayyy too much gas. get some roundslides and reliability is on ur side. i got rid of mine n havent had problems since

·
Registered
228 Posts
They s*ck. The pumper Mikuni butterfly carbs on my Chaparral were flat-out awful. They were a pain to adjust, then stayed in proper tune for only a short time. They also used a LOT of gas. They are better than Tillotsons or Walbros, but that's like saying eating horse manure is better than eating cat manure. There are various types of crap, but it's still crap!

Floater butterfly Keihins are quite simple and sturdy, but are also a little finicky to tune. VERY difficult to find parts for, too.

If you can find a comparable slide-valve Mikuni, that's probably the way to go. In my experience, they remain in tune well, work great, use little gas, and are nearly indestructible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts