Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any thoughts? I was riding my 04 arctic cat king cat today and when riding with two people (combined weight or 330lbs) up hill on tracked out groomed hardpack the sled would just stop moving. It seemed that the engine would jump into neutral, I know there is no neutral but the engine would rev and the drive shaft clutch would engage and spin the secondary clutch but the track would not move. It seemed as if the machine was stuck between forward and reverse. Any help would be greatly appreciated. After letting it sit all day and using my back up sled I was able to ride it back to the truck solo with no problems.

·
Registered
385 Posts
So the sled does have reverse? If it does, that would be the problem if the secondary is spinning. If not though, I have no idea:confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the sled does have reverse and what exactly would be causing the problem regarding the reverse? Also, I know there are two types of reverse one type is clutched and one type is actually reversing the motor, which type is the 04 king cat?

·
Registered
17 Posts
The King cat is machnical. It dose not have the means to revers the engine yet. The only two sleds that can do that are the skidoo and the polaris. Sounds like the shifter slide in between forward and revers causing a neutral. I would get that checked out by your dealer you do not want to be hitting a high mark and blow a chain case. Colin

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What type of oil is used in the reverse drive dropcase and what is the correct linkage adjustment?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts