Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my stepdad just bought a brand new RX-Warrior. he thinks the thing is god. all he does is talk it up, and tell me how hes gonna beat me this year at the radar runs. its 1000 ft, on ice. i have a 04 F6 EFI. i havent said a thing to him (smack talk) i just sit and wait. my question, wat do i need to do to kick his a** at the drags? im gettin a MBRP silencer (no power, i know) and boyesan reed pedals. im lookin into the EPI clutch kits, because i can get a good price on one. wat else? im not lookin for F8 kits, or somethin crazy. i dont think it will take much to beat him, just lookin for some info/suggestions. oh yeah, we both have pics. i have 102 woodys, and he has watever the equivlent is on the 136" track. do i have a chance???????

·
Registered
570 Posts
It is the RX1 motor. I think that the F6 will be pretty close in 1000 feet. He'll be long gone though on lakes and other long runs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i know he'll smoke me on long runs, but the radar runs are his pride and joy. he always buys a bigger sled then i have, just to beat me, but i always show him up as the underdog. but this year i figure he'll put up a good fight.so u think a Speedwerx kit as opposed to a EPI kit? i can get a EPI kit for about $150. what do the Speedwerx kits go for? will i need to change anything, being EFI, if i get the reeds? im already gettin the boyesan reed pedals, so the v-forces are probably out for now.

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
speedwerx are like 260 but you get a ti spring. very good.

D&D is like 189

Black Magic is like 180

Go with one of these they know more about cats than anyone. Epi makes polaris kits and I have never heard of anyone puting one on their cat.

if he says anything ask him if yamaha gave him a free winch when he bought it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats really funny, we were talkin about it at the dealership i get my parts from, and they said the same thing. they told me to get a brochure for winches and put it in his stocking for christmas. so anyways, im thinkin a no on the EPI clutch? even though i can get it for 150? still not worth it?

·
Registered
570 Posts
If EPI is Erlandson I would suggest buying it. They are a good kit, they just don't sell as many as D&D etc.

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
not as good/. black magic is right acrost from the factory in thief river, speedwerx makes mod race sled motors. I would trust D&D with my life. epi is a waste of money.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I would go with the EPI. They make very good kits. Much better than a stock set up. Save some money and buy it.

·
Registered
570 Posts
sesnopro

Have you run an EPI cluth kit? I have and I was impressed with the performance. I don't think that a company has to have the same zip code as the Arctic Cat factory to know how to make a good clutch kit. If it is the cheapest of the bunch thats even better. Great performance for a great price!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the EPI kit retails for $190, the same price as the D&D, and the Black Magic. so i dunno how its a cheap kit. i cant afford the speedwerx kit.

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
vector

It does make a difference, do you have any idea about how much black magic and speedwerx tests new sleds in conjuntion with cat? I think that they might know a little bit more about cats than epi, which is a polaris brand. Ive talked to alot of people with different clutch kits, a black magic kit is the best for a cat.(if you cant afford ti springs)

I see those epi cats all the time at the track.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
im not really hearing too many good things from you guys about the EPI kits. i wanted go with it because i can get it for 150 bucks, but u guys still seem to be leaning away from it. im starting to toss around the others now...

·
Registered
135 Posts
I can hook you up AWESOME through Dalton Profeshinal Clutches.

He will build you a kit for your specific application. Email

[email protected] tell him Steve-o- sent you, tell him what you want to do.

He should be able to get you what you want. All i run is his stuff and I love it!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts