Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my '98 formula III 700 has a major darting issue... i currently have 8" carbides on it and i was wondering if i put dual carbides on it and an easy steer kit if they would help to solve my problem? i have trouble keepin up on trails because im always fighting to keep the sled straight...

thanks,
ben

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
How many picks do you have on the track? You have WAY too much carbide on the skis. For 4 inches of carbide you should have 96 picks, so for what you have you need a bunch! The more carbide you have, the more the skis will want to follow another sled's path. If the track isn't picked enough, the ass end will slide all over the place. You need to reduce the amount of carbide on the front. Also, align the skis when you change them. Make sure they're not toed in or out too much.

·
Administrator
1,159 Posts
smallengineguy said:
How many picks do you have on the track? You have WAY too much carbide on the skis. For 4 inches of carbide you should have 96 picks, so for what you have you need a bunch! The more carbide you have, the more the skis will want to follow another sled's path. If the track isn't picked enough, the ass end will slide all over the place. You need to reduce the amount of carbide on the front. Also, align the skis when you change them. Make sure they're not toed in or out too much.
Hmmm. Pretty sure you hit that one on the head. The only other thing you can try doing is reducing the preload on the front suspension. That should help get some weight off the front ski's... which should help reduce darting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts