Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
97 mach z 800 many piston seizures new cyl and pistons. temp stays too high but never over heats.cant keep temp down unless in deep snow.any help would be great.thermostat also replaced

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
after a cold seizure with slight piston damage want are the chances it will be ok or do you think i,ll need to rebuild it.Why when I talk to the dealers they seam like this sled is voodoo and tell me to get rid of it.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
They say that because it's a triple, and the triples were riddled with problems, especially with the middle cylinder. I've got a 780 triple and it's been a good sled. If it had a mild seize, that means metal welded to metal. Might want to check into it a little deeper.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
middle cly never had a problem always the outer two.some slight metal on one wall was told to clean it with some kind of acid forget what though.

·
King of the Universe
6,674 Posts
Muratic acid will remove aluminum from the cylinder wall. Be very, very careful when using it full strength. Use a Q-Tip to apply it directly onto the aluminum. Muratic acid is commonly available where ever they carry pool chemicals.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
do the carbs have adustable needle jets or do you have to bye new ones.and do you know the stock settings!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts